A library is not just a place to read books but a place to feel the knowledge and live up every emotion in that particular place just within you. Libraries gift us the time with our own self, as one is not able to give it to themselves, since so much is going on everyone’s life, but coming up to a library and experiencing the life of library and living up the time during the library is phenomenal. As we all know Chandigarh is home to many libraries. One of which is the Beant Singh memorial library Chandigarh which is located in sector 42-B near the new lake. Some of the qualities of Beant Singh memorial library are listed below-
- The versatile building is spread over an area of fourteen acres leaving the vacant place with a lot of parking and a garden full of greenery.
- The Beant Singh Memorial library owns seats for over four hundred members.
- The place is most essentially used as a studying space area.
- The Beant Singh Memorial library has a very spectacular set of seating arrangement.
- The infrastructure of the library is divided into three story floors.
- The ground floor of the library owns three halls for reading purposes.
- While the first floor consists of the main library and the computer center.
- The third floor of the library has an auditorium, a conference room and an exhibition hall.
- The library has some more buildings to accompany with it in the near future.
- As the Chandigarh administration has already some initiations of constructing in addition to more buildings with the current building of the library.
- Books present in the library are of different types ranging from diverse religions to historical to epics, to biographies, to knowledgeable books.
- The books consist in relevance to religions like Jainism, Buddhism, Taoism, Zoroastrianism, Hinduism, Sikhism and Confucianism, and other books like folklore, history about distinct countries, Indian epics, world wars, cultural movements, biographies of various important personalities.
- In total, the Beant Singh memorial library comprises of one thousand seven hundred ninety-three numbers of books in all.
- In the commencement of the Beant Singh memorial library, the membership fee for the library was free.
- Later, the Chandigarh administration department started the membership fee of rupees fifty and then further raised it to three hundred.
- The crowd present in the Beant Singh memorial library is of different age groups, and mostly of students who are preparing for competitive examinations.
- Outside the Beant Singh memorial library of Chandigarh, is a garden where people gather and sit there during the season of winters, meanwhile reading books and enjoying the sun.
- The library is hardly vacant and most of the times are heavily crowded with different people in the mornings.
- Many people start queuing up outside the library from morning itself to acquire comforting seats at the library.
One must really visit this library if visiting Chandigarh and feel the peace here.
Beant Singh Memorial Library Chandigarh Address:
Address: Sector 42 D, Near New Lake, Beant Singh Memorial, Chandigarh, 160043
Phone: 0172 262 1409
Also Few Must Read Blogs:
- The Chandigarh Hit List: The Best 5 New Restaurants In Chandigarh
- The Best Banquet Halls in Chandigarh- Let’s Celebrate Your Wedding
- 7 Star Attractions in City Beautiful Chandigarh
- Most Haunted Places in Chandigarh – Get Ready to Scream!!!
- Top Coworking Space in Chandigarh
- Best Makeup Artists in Chandigarh
- Top 5 Pool Party Places In Chandigarh