While most of the people are confused about how many numbers of Chandigarh Airport are present and where is it located. Let us give you a brief about it.
Chandigarh International Airport is under the Union Territory of Chandigarh which the inclusions of Panchkula, Mohali, states of Punjab, Haryana, and Himachal.
- The airport has its location in the Union Territory of Chandigarh and the international terminal is situated on the southern side in the village Jhiurheri, in Mohali, Punjab.
- In all, there are a total of seven airlines that are domestic and two international plus seventeen domestic destinations are connected to Chandigarh.
- Earlier the Chandigarh airport was called the Chandigarh domestic airport and it was near to the area of Zirakpur and it also covered the area of Chandigarh region.
- For a very long time, the Government was keen on building the airport even since it was established. However, due to land issues, it could not be possible, as the land was closer to the Air Force Station, and subsequently, the land which was near to Mohali village was bought.
- The airport shares the ground with the Air Force station and is operational for the military services whenever required. Both the airports are the same, the only difference let alone is it is no more domestic now.
- The size of the airport is quite large that is 305 acres and is possible today by the well-versed efforts undertaken in the year 2015 which was later inaugurated by the prime minister of India, Sh Narendra Modi.
Scroll below to take a look at the airport and the facilities rendered by the authorities.
Chandigarh Airport Infrastructure
- The airport Chandigarh is an amazingly built place that has green gardens, large paintings, and phenomenal art. It is home to soothing peace and completely safe. The place is tidy all the time and has a great hand in keeping up the hygiene at the airport.
- It has eight airlines that are connected internationally to Dubai and Sharjah, while fourteen for domestic destinations.
- The Chandigarh airport code is IX C.
- It also owns a square meter terminal which is of 53400 square meters which is huge and mesmerizing.
- The airport is eco-friendly which is built by Larsen and Toubro
- The check-in counters are 48 in number, which is the reason for its fast processing.
- Six air bridges connect the flights to the terminal gates which implies six flights from Chandigarh airport can be boarded with ease.
- Their first floor is made for departures and ground floor for the arrivals
- The airport is so large that there are fourteen lifts and six escalators for toning down during times of rush.
- The entire area is fully air-conditioned.
- The services at the restaurant are also supreme class and the quality is under kept under observance twenty-four seven.
- If you are a complete shopper, then this is the place for you as the airport has numerous shops that are wholly duty-free and you can easily purchase anything.
- It is home to the Tourism Information Counter that is present at the arrival hall taken care of by CITCO ( Chandigarh Industrial and Tourism Development Corporation Limited) for guiding the travelers with the information about the city beautiful’s tour.
- There is an ATM present in the parking area of the airport.
- For security purposes, there are lots of CCTV security cameras, wifi system, and LCD Tv that are found everywhere around.
- There is no Chandigarh airport closure
In case, you need to check through something urgent make a call at this inquiry/urgency phone number of the airport:+91 172 2659886 , +91 172 2659887
Chandigarh Airport Address – New Civil Air Terminal, Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar, Punjab 140306
Some of the important things to remember:
The basic security guidelines for the issues are the same as the other airports that are being operated in India because of the reason that they work under the Airport Authority of India (AAI).
So, before visiting the airport, make sure to read all the necessary instructions to avoid future penalties.
- Take care of the security stamp that must be present on your boarding pass during the time of boarding.
- Be alert and cautious with your luggage and stuff, so that you do not forget or lose it in any case. You never know there can be unintended unauthorized matter also in your property like drugs, smuggling, etc.
- Chandigarh International Airport flight schedule are available online as well as at the airport.
- Even though all the activities are under the cameras, still our safety is in our own hands, which is the reason that does not take care of other people’s luggage and only be alert with your property all the time.
The greatest misunderstanding till now is whether Chandigarh airport name is Chandigarh International Airport or the Shaheed Bhagat Singh International Airport. It is due to the reason that there have bee hassles between Haryana and Punjab for the name of the place in the past.
Punjab was consistently in favor of keeping the name as “Shaheed Bhagat Singh International Airport” and Haryana was in favor of keeping it the same as it is. Meanwhile, there were also the supporters for the name of Mohali International Airport as it is in Mohali, however, it all ended up on the name of the union territory itself, that is Chandigarh International Airport.
If you are worried about renting a car or any other transport facility from the airport than be relaxed as you can easily avail all the services right from the airport itself.
Following below are some of the services:
- Gurdial Taxi Service: It is one of the oldest taxi services from the year 1980 and they give both the facilities of pickup and drop up before the arrangement.
- Avis: One of the famous car brands is Car rental and car hire services that are present in India. You can avail of a round trip with them by arranging beforehand.
- Carzonrent: This is one of the huge ground transportation services who complete more than twenty thousand trips regularly by supporting 7500 cars and 6 lac customers in a year.
There are many hotels near Chandigarh Airport, you can Google the best one as per your choice!